Friday, April 27, 2007

Tonight was my last night at Domenico's, and it went just fine. I can't say I'll miss the place, as it did very little for me besides provide me with good part-time income. Which is fine, I guess, it's a job, what more can I expect?

So now I am unemployed. I'm going to have a lot of time on my hands, which means more time to worry more about all the upcoming events, and the events which have already taken place. Beginning a career, graduating college, moving to a new city, getting married, these are also great steps in life, the kind of things that people write novels about, making light of, look at from a far with a hint of worry - and I'm going through them all right now. I'm a little rattled. More than a little rattled. I'd be less rattled if I had a job and a place for Natasha and I to live, but both seem to be caught in this catch-22. Most jobs don't want to hire unless I can interview in person, and most rentals don't want to rent to someone who doesn't have a job that pays 2.5x the rent per month. Needless to say, this create a bit of an obstacle for moving. I don't think I ever realized until now how bad the poor have it in terms of mobility. I hope my money holds out, and I think it will. I think.

No comments: